Wednesday, January 03, 2007

medan day 5 & 6

k these last 2 days, we had more fun than work...

day 5:
We went to a catholic orphanage, Bethlehem Orphanage.
The place was like a monastary and it was very cosy! if i were an orphan, i would love to live there man! The kids there range from 7 to arnd 19? They rear their own pigs and rabbits and geese! It was 2 days before Christmas and I havnt seen a glimpse of christmas for a long while, but being in the orphanage made me feel at home. Not that the place was filled with christmas spirit, but cause I was in a place of God. Im not catholic and im not say a fan of catholicism, but being a way from a church for that few days, it was good to be in a place that was even remotely related to God.
Also, along the way to some highlands, we had to drive through alot of places. mostly towns and small villages...amongst all the attap houses and small wooden stalls, I was amazed that the 2 prevailing religions in those rural areas are christianity/catholicism and islam. It warmed my heart that even in the rural areas, God's love would be there. And whos to stop Him? If he so wants, He can spread His hand over the mountain range and give the people a church to take shelter in. I praised God for that. :) At that time, I believe a smile was on my face. To think he is soo powerful and loving that he would never lose sight of those who live in the rural areas, no matter how high the area is or how rural the place is, He can put His Son there to look after His children. No matter where I am, I will always see His love around me and in me. Amen!

Day 6
Last day before leaving. Alot of goodbyes said, alot of reflections made, alot of quiet time etc
By this time, out team was pretty much gelled and crappy to the extent of Mnt Everest. All hte guys buoght a shirt with the same design and wore it on the same day. Kiddy? Maybe..but you can smell the togetherness from a mile away man! I was once again termed the Lao Shi of the gang before we left and just to make sure all is right until we got home, I adopted my Lao Shi ways until we reached Spore ground hahahahah I didnt forgo the crapping ont eh plane though.
When we touched down, I told our indian fren int he gang, that he was no longer special hahahaha As we stepped off the plane, sure enough, the next person we saw, was indian. Hahahahah

K I end here coz I need to get home. :) Love you all!

God Bless!

No comments: