Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year! Medan (day 3 & 4) part 2









Sooo...on the way to the cinema, my hp was bombed by sms from my ISC club, they ALL decided to sms me "Happy New Year!" I had to delete old sms just to accomodate their smses.



To say the truth, I have yet to delete their smses. Out of all that calling them up to scold them for the mass sms...I truly appreciate it. Hahahah I appreciate the occasional bombing hahahah







After walking and talking with my cousin, I met some of my ISC students for dinner, then countdown at the Merlion. Obviously alot of other students where there, as I later found out. We weaved through the crowd like a row of chicks after a hen...aka Me! Sigh... The countdown went really past and the fireworks were really pretty...looked like rain of glitters. :) To be honest, it was the 1st time I'd seen fireworks for real and not from my house.







I went to my auntie's place to stay and woke up to greet my grandma, "Happy Birthday!" :) She's 90 years old. A truly happy woman who has her heart on God, a smile so bright and twinkling eyes. A kid in an old body. Since coming back from Medan, Ive grown to treasure her....Speaking of Medan...







Day 3



We went to the local old folks home, the home was totally government funding








Washing their feet...and cutting their nails






Sweeping and mopping the rooms...




Kill me before I ever do this to any of my loved ones! Never! The kids deserve to be shot! I do think that these old folks are lucky enough to live in a spacious home like this...but they shouldnt even be in a home! I was apprehensive while entering the home. Its the same for every old folks home...Im not good at dealing with old folks. But before going in, I prayed. I prayed to God for patience and humbleness and openness. As we got ready to cut wash their feet and cut their nails, they made us wear gloves and wear masks. But...I refused to wear a mask because it was plain disrespect for the old folks sould we wash their feet like that. Its as if we were forced to wash and we didnt like it, so we wore masks to cover the supposed smell of etc. I know its really not the case on our side. The masks were for our comfort..but Id rather forgo comfort than wear that silly mask. I wore the gloves and washed their feet. I tried to se myself washing my grandma's feet and tried to recall Jesus washing his disciple's feet...somehow that gave me the courage and affection. Now I know why...


John 13: 15-17


v15: For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.


v16: Verily, verily I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.


v17: If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.




I think..I did this for God. We are no greater than our parents or grandparents, nor vise versa. These folks have worked their lives for their kids who are now MIA. we came and did them what their kids should have done, wash their feet to show respect. We are the more advanced generation, physically better and more illiterate..but that doesnt exclude us from doing the basic things as attending to our elders. I had Jesus washing Simon Peter's feet's image in my head as I cleaned the old lady's foot...Thank you God...I felt happy doing it. The rest of the kids did the same. :) Some cleaned the rooms that were dusty and dirty and had cigarette buds around. One of the old men, shits outside his door...




After which, we had lunch and dropped by an animal museum. The epitome of self pleasure and self worship. I had a very bad feeling about that place..the owner obviously loved to hunt animals, by setting up this animal museum, he had a valid and legitimate excuse to hunt, for sake of preservation of animals. Of course the policy was to retain a certain percent of flesh there for other animals to eat. the owner had photos of all the famous people who visited his museum. Oh well....




Day 4


Aside from the usual, we had a trip to the local IMH.


A cat contemplating life @ the local IMH...crazy?...maybe...
Cant show u pics of the place coz no photos allowed. not to say we didnt steal a few pics..but thats for personal use. Hahahah anyway the place is quite scary.. with long houses of 40 odd patients each, categorized by aggresiveness. the dorrs of the houses are wooden and huge with iron grills above it. we had patients asking us for money andclimbing above the door to look at us. etc...80% of teh patients there are schizophrenic. At that point of time, Iw as praying to God...curses curses curses..so many people struck with madness, thanks to Satan. For a split moment, I wished Jesus would wipe the madness of that place and set allof them free. Send the madnes to the chickens there and burn them. Leave the cats alone coz they're very cute..some of them. Seems they have a fw black cats there and they have this, "go away or I'll shred you" look...shudders. God help them.
K end of today's entry. God Bless and Happy New Year!

No comments: