Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Been wanting to blog since yesterday...

Yesterday was such a bad day that I really had no mood to blog....

Wat I wanted to blog about...was my old school...

Met a sec sch junior (whom i never knew but he recognised me) when I was buying my contact lenses. I guess that spurred me to visit my old school after church (its just downstairs my place)

U know, its very deceiving because everytime I walk by the school, it seems fine. But when I walked closer, along the outside of the school, I realize how much the plants have grown. They've crashed our study area. the vines became soo heavy that the wooden beams couldnt hold it anymore and the whole cover collapsed. Everything inside, the murals and the colours were faded but never changed. The study benches were gone.

Surprisingly, the assembly halls' doors were wide open and I got a shock...outside the hall were profanities sprayed all over. The hall floor was very dusty...but the art pieces that were there on the 1st day of my sec sch life, were still hanging on the wall...the ropes at the back of the hall were still there...the wooden gym bars at the back and the honor roll names were still there.

On the stage was the Braddell westlake rostrum and the remains of the braddell westlake graduation banner....

As I walked back down the ramp from the hall, I realized how the plants have already started growing out of the slop sides...the end of the ramp had plants that grew so tall that it sorta formed an arch for me to walk through...

So sad....I plan to borrow a camera to take a few more pics of the place before I let this place go...

Because im the sentimental sort, I know that to me, the building has a value on its own...aside from our teachers and friends etc.

God bless

No comments: