Sunday, February 05, 2006

When

When was the 1st time you loved the sea? When was the 1st time you loved the beach? When was the 1st time you loved the stars?....when when when? Can you remember? When was the 1st time you loved the night sky? When was the 1st time you loved the night? When was the 1st time you loved the wind and the rain and rainbow? Too Feminine?

I remember the 1st time I was taken aback by the waves, the night, the reflecting lights of nearby shipyards, the sounds, the moon, the stars...all at once...when? When I went for my sec sch library trip, we had a midnight orchard road lights expedition and went to East Coast for the sun rise...We didnt get to see the sunrise...but that was the 1st I felt so overwhelmed by the sea. It was soo dark that the sea and the night sky was seemingly joined..whcih gave me an overpowering feeling that a wall was in front of me...a wall of water. Ths crashing of waves so loud yet its location quite indefinable...It was pure amazement and instantly..I loved it.

I also rememebr how one particular night of my China Trip, the locals brought us around the town and we walked towards the river side. We all knew that right across the river, is a big cliff, enormous highland but none of us could see it. Until we were barely 5 steps fromt he edge of the riverside, we caught the edges of the highland and tracing its edges, all of us stopped in our tracks and lost our breathes when we saw that the highland in all its entirety....was right in fonr of us...towering over us! The darkness had once again played a trick on me...revealing its treasures with a tinge of surprise....WOW Let me state that given the same scene in the day, I would not be as taken aback.

So why do I love the night sky? Coz it makes everything look almost magical...like everything had a layer of invisibility around it...once penetratable when you are close enough... again...WOW

No comments: