Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Idan Raichel...

U must be wondering why I wrote this n the previous entry one after the other. Naturally...I didnt want to spoil the mood of the previous one. Not to say that this one is bad..
Anyway...this is my latest craze! He is none other than Idan Raichel. The genius behind the Idan Raichel Project. Hes not the singer but the mixer or composer..etc
For those who nvr read my other entries abt him, he's mixed ethiopian music n israeli music up plus jewish (i think) to form music that is excellent even to people who dont understand the language!
Since him, Ive gotten myself immersed in Music from Israel only to discover that they are as musically developed as us! RnB, Hip Hop, Soft Rock, Reggae. Upon hearing a song
Peace in the Middle East - Mishpachat T.A.C.T.
It was RnB n Rap! They had rappers rapping in english n I cud have sworn it was french!!! french!!! Imagine that!!!!! This particular song talks abt the fight btwn Muslims n Jews and how it SHUD STOP! As always...a good song needs to invoke emotions n thought..or realization. As I heard it...I strated to think abt why Jews n Muslims are fighting...why Christians n Muslims fought...all for the same thing...religion..which so happens... we all refer tot eh same God is it not? we all believe there is only one God up there and around. We all believe in heaven n hell...the only diff is we believe in a diff way! I admit Im not tooo knowledgeable abt these 3 religions and their diff and Id soo ove someone to explain it to me.
Likewise...Im also contemplating on finding a new fren to teach me the meaning of this new mmusic Im hearing. I really hope that Singapore will one day hear the Idan again but in a biger scale and with a heartier welcome....

Love

No comments: