Thursday, March 09, 2006

Pack your room!

Sooo after looking at my fren's room, I realized that mine was only a mere mole hill. Yes! Godzilla either has not moved to my place...or he has worse relatives. I pale in comparison and Im proud of it! Muahahaha Also gives me motivation to clear my room. Any one want postcards!?!?! Ive got plenty!

anyway...its time for another round of tamil words! Muahahaha Today we talk about food! The most fav topic of mine when it comes to the indian culture!
Lassi - Yoghurt shake eg: mango lassi
Masala - means Spices
Payasam - a type of dessert, white in colour and has bee hoon like noodles and sago in it. (They say that a way to show that you've masterred the skills of eating with your hands..is if you can eat payasam with your hands.
Iddiapam - Aka Puttu mayam, also aka thunder cake, commonly found in indian muslim stalls at kopitiams, its a form of breakfast, bee hoon like pancake eaten with orange coconut sugar
Dosai - aka thosai, pancake like, rolled up and eaten with green chillie chutney and tomato and red chilli chutney
Rava Dosai - another form of Dosai but its made with a different type of ingredients and the mixture to made the pancake is more watery, thus a thinner pancake
Poori - Blown up pancake..its round and its puffed up.
Vadai - the indian doughnut!
Dhal - Made of lentils, its a non-spicy gravy, has potatoes and even though its very tasty..its fattening...sigh
Bhonda - Deep fried potatos and stuff..very nice when hot yet soft ont eh inside :) Its an appetizer.
Thairu - Means Yoghurt! eg: Thairu Vadai is indian doughnuts soaked in yoghurt. YUMS!

K so that was my lesson in indian food! :) I now hope I can order a decent indian meal :) Went to makan at Annalakshmi @ Excelsior. it was very very good! Sedap!
Im learning more indian stuff hahah but dont worry. I am in no means any nearer to getting another indian bf :) God will keep me sane hahahah

K American Idol is on air :) IM outta here!

LOVE

No comments: