Thursday, October 27, 2005

the more you think you know, the more you find out you dont know

I stood through a mini tutorial w my boss n colleagues. Its more like story telling session where my boss tells us abt what happened and how we can learn from it. we just call it, "tutorial".
heres something that really struck me. Its better to know that who you are, how you act and what ur capable of, then not. At least u know ur doing it and if needs be, you'll change.
Also...its bad to not know anything and be stupid...but worse to not know anything and be stupid...yet think that ur smart and know everything.

There are times when I thin I know something..only to find out...that Im wrong. But me having soo much conviction, actually said it out confidently...
This only leads me to wonder...exactly how much do I know? exactly how much or what Ive read or studied is still in my brain? Saddening...

Not to mention that Im not even confident of what Im capable of doing...exactly what can I do and cant? Can I dabble in art n come up w a piece that people would remark w awe? Can I write a piece of prose and have pple come back to me and comment that my story was riveting or thought provoking?

You know...funny thing is as I thnk abt allt his n type it down, I realize that I am trying to be a genius..and expect the 1st piece of art or prose wud instantly burst into a success...im sure not. :/
Yet I guess fear of failure is my flaw...Fear is giving up on something before trying...failure is giving up something when you dont succeed on ur 1st try.
Hmm...sudden brain wave...
fear of failure wud then mean:
you are scared to give up on something when you dont succeed on ur 1st try. So if thats the case...you shudnt be scared to give things another try right?

Hehehehe lame!

Well anyways..I am abit demoralized by the realization that I am ...not ready for the working world. Because I only posess the characters that will result in me being "swallowed up" by other people. Yet...there is no tutorial that can guarantee that I wont be right? So do I plunge intot he deep end and try "like hell" to float? I cud end up like some of my frens who have been scared to death byt he working culture that their feet are weary even fromt he thought of stepping into the working world.

I dont know myself...that I know for sure (pure irony)...


Last but not least...to lightent eh mood :) heres the new me!

Note: this is how short my hair is.


LOVE

No comments: