Thursday, November 03, 2005

The indian me...

Deepavali isnt complete without visiting. :) Went to one of my sista's house. U know....Im just amazed by indian's hospitality! My bro's relatives in JB were sooo big-hearted as to invite a GANG of us to their place for lunch.
My sista, invited me to visit their place as well and I can honestly say that I feel like family...I think one of these days...or maybe next year....I'll go ver and helpt hem w preparing Deepavali! Heheh so I dont feel sooo bloody guilty going there and eating their food. :P As my sista said, every year her mum makes the food, she gets little presents on her hands....I cringe to think of those presents and Id wish she'd stop getting presents like that yah... :( Wat a lovely lady! Because of this, I knew I had to eat more than I normally do (despite body fat count)...toshow her how much I apreciate her food esp her little presents...
Quite sad actually...coz...Im not that appreciative when it comes to my mum food ah. :P

Cudnt do much to dress up so just wore a set of bangles on each side and ate w my hands...The only way to enjoy indian food I might add hehehehe :) Im a regular indian girl! hahahahahaha
I bet my dad's frowning now. if not...boiling! Well lets face it...I can never change my face or race yah..nor my genes. I love my culture where it is good but my regard for this and other cultures including indian... is not staunch and indepth. I prefer to mix and match and fuse.

Talking abt indian...saw an indian movie today. Think its tamil...but not sure... Hehehe Its called Anniyan...
Tallks abt 3 people, Remo, Aaniyan, Ambi. Ambi is a Mr goody 2 shoes who is anti-procrastination, anti-unjustice, anti-mistakes. He has the purest of hearts that makes his tolerance level for such things...as low as niltch. Aaniyan, is a killer, punishes the bad, the procrastinating, the unjust, the evil, the bullies etc....for goodness no doubt...but lethal. Because of him..a series of horrible series of killings occur. Remo is a lover boy, loves the girl of Ambi's dreams. Pity for Ambi, he's too shy to express his love for Nandini (think thats her name)

As the killings progress, the cops get closer to the truth. To find that the 3 guys are one and the same...Ambi. The pure hearted and spiritual man all that..without knowing it....Multiple-Personality.

They find out when Nandini pays black money to arrange her marriage to Remo. Anniyan gets let loose and tries to kill her...A long and almost supernatural chase between him and the girl and an internal struggle between Anniyan, Remo and Ambi brings Nadrini to realize that they are all him. She brings him to a hypnotists/psychiatrist and its certified.

One good thing out of it, Nandini marries Ambi instead of Remo. Thus eliminating Remo from Ambi and Anniyan. But ...what about Anniyan?

Another side to this story and how Anniyan came about dates back to when Ambi was a kid. His beloved sister died because of negligence. A heavy rain, live eletricity wire on the street, puddles of water in potholes (ill-made roads) Electrocuted his sister. In the court, everyone fromthe repair man to the people who build the roads should be blamed...in short: Procrastination and negligence of the country, its inability to be responsibile of their quality of work..etc During the funeral..the grandma assured the crying Ambi that every crime has its punishments...even said in sanskrit...punishments of boiling in oil, slowdeath using insects, trampeld by animals etc..all crimes. All this formed the basis of Anniyan...to punish those who sin, according to the holy books...fueled by Ambi's urge to change the world, revenge for his sister, yet inability to do so because of his good naturedness and religious beliefs.

Wouldnt say its was a fantasticly good effects but I enjoyed it... Hmmm

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/18anniyan.htm

:)

Another show wud be Vasool Raja M.B.B.S hehehe a comedy and yet full of meaning. But that review is for another day. :P *winks*

TC

LOVE

No comments: