Friday, November 11, 2005

:) Just came back from heaven

I once again say that...music can NEVER be contained by international borders, language, cultural or geographical barriers...

It is an international language. You ask me what my fav band is 10 years ago, Id tell you Take That, Boys2Men, cranberries..etc But now, you have to ask me what my fav bands are in diff countries.
Chinese music: Wu Bai, Wu Yue Tian, Yu Cheng Ching, Zhang Zhen Yue, Dongli Huo Che..etc English music: any band that produces songs i like,
Indian music: A R Rahman, Nithin Sawhney, anything bhangra. Poetic Ammo
Israeli music:Idan Raichel, Misphat TACT, etc
Japanese: Takeshi Sorimachi, Aikawa Nanase, Do As Infinity, B'z
French: Manau
Cantonese: Tommy Cheung, Jackie Cheng, old songs,

Ask me abt fav actors, actresses and movies, the list will go on!

I jus had a wonderful evening w my bros at esplanade. Indian music to the core and I loved it! I feel in love w the tabla, the singing..etc the vocalist was a guy but he had the purest n smoothest of voices that was emphasized even more in Hindi songs! like Kalho na Kalho etc...If they had sung Vaseegara...I wud have died..but well..vaseegara is sung w a female vocalist. Told my bro that my future bf can not know any chinese songs..but as long as he can sing a hindi and tamil song well...Im in heaven hahaha Wohoooo! I never regret rushing down from tuition just to catch this performance! :) Tommorrow its Prana. A must see actually :P LOVE IT!

Incidently, the vocalist's name is Praveen hahaha The soulful melting voive.....my goodness I cud fall in love w it man!!! :) Come to think of it..bhangra can be good to dance...but indian soulful music is always the older songs where the authentic singing comes in.

LOVE

No comments: