Sunday, November 13, 2005

Woohoooo! EXCELLENT!!!!

I just came back from a performace that got me goyanging till my kepala cud very well have dropped off! Hahahaha Im sooo glad I decided to go for the outdoor concert at Esplanade coz they had this band, Prana that my bro's ren (now my fren) Abi recommended.

Was sceptical at 1st but after watching it I was aesthetic!!! Esp tonights concert was better than yesterday night's! Im sooooo glad that iw ent back tonite! They had this song, funky indian that showed off their damn power percussion guys. Its when the tabla n mirdhanggam, and other percussion instruments do an indian argument. one instrument at a time, they answer and question each other. EXCELLENT! The beat was very good that it kept my head shaking man!
My jaw was open 90% ofthe time! Then from that percussion argument, the drummer decided to do the same argument verbally...I cant really describe it. For ex ur using ur mouth and making it sound like the tabla or mirdhangam and ur just doing it back n forth! It was soooo good!

The sitar player was soo skilled he played his sitar like an electric guitar! He even played a chinese song like a chinese erhu or soething! The actual main guitarist in the band is jamie wilson. He used to play w eagles n other known celebrities man! He did allt he jazzy bits that just made me close my eyes and sway to it! Throughout the whole performance, I cudnt keep my body still coz it was just sooo danceable n soo full of beat! Even a chinese old man got up n danced int eh middle of the theatre! He didnt have alot of shaking bottie skill but he danced anyway!

Afetr the performance, I went up and bowed at them man! I got jamie wilson's signature n stuff n shook hands w the rest of the guys. Left my email so thatw hen they're done w their website, I cud go n see. I am in awe!!!

Will let you guys hear the songs if and when i meet you. Tonight, I am fully indian!

LOVE

No comments: