Wednesday, July 20, 2005

part 2 of 19 July...

So the concert was good! Why i say good? Coz Im not even knowledgeable in orchestral or band music! Seeing everyone in the office with musical background, I sorta wish i knew music too...as in music theory and know how to play a clasical instrument. Then maybe when my colleagues described the performance..Id be able to understand.
No harm done...I still tried my best..opened my already HUGE eyes to watcht eh performance. To a point where..I guess I was looking at the musicians play, more than listening to the quality of the performance.. a pity...I guess I was curious abt how a conductor conducts....how does the conductor move his amrs to symbolize a slowing down or softening down..or something!
When I watch a concert like that....wat moves me..is the tune of the piece....for others..its more on how well the trumpet is, the flute is...etc...so detailed!
Its like how I judge an emcee...some take it as it is...if the emcee looks happy n doesnt sound like he's dying, they're good. For me...the emcee has to look at the audience, cant fidget around, has to keep smiling, has to be fluent, has to show confidence even when he's makes a mistake! all that n more!
Hmmm really....listening to such music requires constant exposure to it..sorta makes me regret i wasnt in the band...or choir. To things I wish Id have joined when I had the chance to.
But I guess...look at it this way....that wud chance my way of life...If all that hads happened...I probably wudnt end up exactly where I am now...Im quite happy with my life now really... :)
Every experience is a learning experience.... I have to keep that in mind...

love

No comments: