Saturday, July 02, 2005

...wwwoooooowwww

Quite honestly...even wow isnt a good enough reaction....I...Im stumped! Maybe its bcoz of my untrained eye..or ear.........
What do you do when there you are with the epitamy of perfection in front of you....Do you let it slip away...or grab it? Even if it means ur life or ur job is at risk?.....k well u know..im not making sense at all rite? hahha

I just finished watching "The Red Violin"...by the end of the show..I just felt like I cudnt move....I dont know why! Not that I was in pain! I just felt like..I was powerless....overwhelmed by the movie!....

This movie spans the centuries and distance..it goes from Ceroma to Viena..to other far far places..even China..evetually, Montreal. All of them have one thing in common...a single violin...The Red Violin.....many people in all these countries..intrigued by its sound and worksmanship....many of them with their own stories that the violin has witnessed.....The violin...like a witness to history and in every century, its soudn gets richer...n with more feeling....because of the things it has seen.

eventually..att he very end..or rather..the very present time...the violin is being auctioned off and people from all parts of the world (decendents of those thatt he violin has touched before), come together...eager to reposses this precious, perfect instrument...

All throught he show, I wondered and Im how the movie was meant to make me feel....I wondered what it was that made the violin so special. Aside from it being red. Not the red you see on sports cars...but the classic..antique red...giving colour and emphasis to the lines of the wood.....If I could say all this anymore poetically..I would..but I cant.

The beauty of all this..and the surprise......lay int eh absolute beginning.....when the violin was built.....love, adoration, fixation......To tel you the secret would be to ruin the show...To tell you..would be to lose one less person to watch if for themselves!......

If you thought The Hours was good.....this is better! in my opinion. The way all the centuries are slowly unfolded...simultaneously...and yet..not confusing you...and with every piece of history unfolding...it adds a piece of the puzzle to the present....literally....I....I really cant describe it to you! I......I'm just stumped! You know if you tell me that you wanna watch it.....Id lend it to you! id buy you a copy even!!! Ive never seen a film soo perfectly pieced together! Or maybe coz I dont often watch movies....but still!!!!

Im BEGGING YOU to watch it!!! Please!!!! My 2 fav movies are Gattaca and this. Both of them are ranked 1st in my heart because of the meaning they have in them!!!

And now..I'm drained...drained from trying soo hard to explain what i see and feel..in attempt to make you go and watch it urselves......Yet knowing that if you dont want to, I cant force you.... it is a movie....that has made me love the violin even more......

love

No comments: