Saturday, July 16, 2005

remember the titans...

I teared in this one...tears of maybe happiness and sadness....These are one of the movies that get me talking through out the show and I wudnt even know Im talking! hahahaha
Those of you who havnt watched it, go borrow e vcd or something. Its a show abt football (rugby) and how it makes pple come together..the african americans and the ..... white americans (cant find a term to use)
Its disgusting how the african americans were treated...even now, I feel sick in the stomach abt it...the white americans were..so full of pride and ignorance and all self glorifying...so blinded...so resistant to change....the more change they were given, the more they hated it....Its not that there was anything to hate! Hate is driven from fear....They feared...they feared that someone would take something away .....to change things....take way the comfort zone. And all that was converted into blame and eventually (due to overflow of pride) it became hate... its sick....esp the older generation.........
The happy part was....seeing the blind be slapped in the face and awaken...to ssomething that is called....."the soul" Nothing is different when you feel of the skin of pple from different races. You dont have extra hands, no extra feet, no extra tails or claws or anything! Its all pure human flesh! When we die, we decay and return tot he same patch of land, the same earth, te same world.
When they won....I was in a high! Maybe idealism....for those few seconds...I was proud that pple can actually be.....tolerant of each other....maybe not love each toher per se...but to tolerate and respect. Thats one ting I think Spore has...maybe not all of the pple haev it..but in general....we respect each other's races...even enjoy it ourselves!...I know I do! All my ah kahs, thungichi, ah neh and thumbis....ah bangs....etc....I can only say one thing.....naan unnai kadiliki raain....(love you)....
This movie has the adrenalin...its all meaningful....Denzel Washington is great as ever! The feeling I get from watching how the players gel....is great!!!!

Today, I met up w my frens...believe it or not, they all seemed to be indians! hahah The frens I met up w today (didnt meet all of them at once) were indians! hahaha I love it! Just talking to them, brought back my poly days...the nonsense we used to do...like sitting at the cafeteria and chatting and laughing.....sitting int eh clubhouse and blasting the cd player while we danced hahahaah all of that was MAGIC...and I still cant believe that Im graduating in a few weeks time!

Anyway...my wish....at the end of this entry...is that the older generation wake up... That they dont judge pple byt he race or skin colour or other people's comments. ultimately....its their own story and ur own story....I know too many pple who suffer because of this....sad but true...it is the older generation who (much as htey feel more superior and knowledgeable...they are not wise...nor mature) If i cud have lesser people in this world like my cousin who thinks indians shud go back to India.....I wud be ever happy.....coz I wud never want to be int he same room w smoeone like that.

I also have to make a confession.....I too am guilty of judging pple by their appearances....I too need to wake up...but its also coz i fear....

love

No comments: