Tuesday, December 27, 2005

...99 bottles of beer on the wall...

K well..once again my movie partner has cancelled on our movie plans...sigh wat can I say but I sorta knew it was coming. Nvm lah worse comes to worse..I'll go watch it myself. I know he's sorry and stuff lah but haiz that guy really can get on my nerves sia...sorta makes me look up to heaven and go, "why!?!?!" My plans of seing Narnia is postphoned...

So when movie is out of the picture..the next best alternative is...music! Just the right time coz tonight theres gonna be some live gig at esplanade outdoor theatre and Im game for it! Let's see how it works.

Hmm 2 thinks Ive been thinking of..not coz its been bugging me..just coz its suddenly popped into my mind...somethings i read somewheres...

1stly..I was reading the Bible and read abt how Jesus called out to John n james to follow Him and they forsook (past of forsake) everything and followed. The 1st thought was..how much did they have to give up to follow God? How much is their "everything"? Seems easy coz they've got no car...no condo...not much riches for a fisherman...no mp3 player..no Hifi set..no rock..etc..how much can they give up? But if you think abt it...regardless of not having all these...they had their jobs and their families....I thought that they having so little will have less to give up but it might not be true...maybe because of the simplicity of life..they valued things more...they valued their family more...maybe without TV n MP3 player n shoppnig n disco etc...they are able to see that family is more impt than these materialistic things. Maybe to them..giving up their family is more unbearable. Not so sayt hat we dont value our family members. but when pple ask you what is the one thing you cant live without...guess we never think abt family huh. When there were no internet and no phone lines...going abroad is practically a "gone for good" thing... Soo...who sacrificed more? The people who lived then? or the people who live now? Hmmm So we who are submerged in technology...are we blessed? or damned? Coz the more riches we have..the more we cant bear to give up? Hmmm

Another thing I read..not n the Bible but its something I had to face last time...pple whom I try to help but who refuse to say anything but, " You wont understand" Theres a whole argument in my head abt this...not that Im pissed..but I am irritated when pple tell me this. It only means that they expect me to understand everything even before they say it. if I dont, Im deemed as someone who wont understand. Dont get what I mean? Simple! I'll explain! Analogy: wat if ur teacher came to class, new topic, new term...He comes in and the 1st thing he writes is the math equation and thent eh answer. He puts down the chalk or marker (depending on what generation ur in) and calls u up to explain. No refering to TxtBk yah. Obviously..youd be the most bewildered student int he class! You have no idea what he wants you to explain coz he never said anything abt it! he then gets annoyed at ur seconds of dumbfounded silence and orders you to sit down. fair? Nope. Dont think so. Simply put...if you want someone to understand ur situation...at least explain to him ur situation...dont just keep going, "you wont understand" More often than not...the reason why U say this..is coz you're not planning to tell him or her int he 1st place. if thats the case...just say, " I cant tell you! Its soemthing I have to deal myself." Dont make it sound liek its their fault that you cant tell them! In fact...its quite hurting! Esp if its someone they care alot for!

I have lots more to say abt this but times run short and its time to catch the live gig. So tata!

LOVE

No comments: