Sunday, January 08, 2006

ASOKA!

Hahaha the indian clubbing scene! Every indian knows Asoka and alot of indians are anti-asoka coz of how packed it is with indians. I had a pre-conception of the club and how scary it would be because of some of my frens who've gone there before and swore never to step in there again but well..everyone has their own tastes ahhaha I for one, found Asoka to be scary but really fun as well.

Went for a seminar int eh afternoon yesterday... a music production seminar that showed how one can make their own demos with simple software and instruments. It was sooo fascinating and I watched them come up with an RnB song in an hour...minus the frills lah. Just keyboard n vocals n drums. WAY COOL!

Then went down to my fren's gig. His band was playing at a dance competition. I didnt know it was an all-indian thingy and I stepped into a hall where Iw as the only chinese. It felt weird man but I guess I now know what it feels like to be a minority. But the music was good, the participants were good and my frens band was good. :) THey play such a diverse range of music that soemtimes fits their image...and sometimes doesnt. I dont know how to put my finger on it man...This is the band that is interested in getting me in as well...emmm

After that...my frens and I went to Asoka. Judging from how my frens described it...I was ready to freak out at the number of indians there! But when I went in..it was okay! Not as dark and packed as I thought man! Had a really fun time dancing w my frens and my tankachi's family members. Her auntie n uncle are happening! Even they cudnt stop themselves from entering the dance floor! It all just came to a point where I just let go and danced my cares away! :) The best part of it was that I cud do it with those I loved. :) My sistas!

Majorly funny incident that happened...was that 3 indian men (Chi Ko Peh uncles) saw me dancing and took the opportunity (when I sat down to rest) to ask me if I wud dance with them! They kept trying to ask me to dance with them and Im glad they didnt get any closer thant he next table coz Id freaked out! But I know I wudnt get harmed coz my frens were with me :) And I know Aikido! Hahaha I'll give them a piece of my mind! I told my sistas abt this and they gave me the surprised look hahahah Anyway..I kept as close as I cud to my frens :) No trouble occured so Im glad! Quite scary huh hahahahaha

We stayed there till 3.45am then I went home with my tankachi. Slept till 11 somethign and slacked till lunch. :) Had indian food with her and her family n her aunties n uncles etc! When it comes to indian food, I ate w hands :)

All in all, Im glad I went! Im glad that my 1st experieince in a club like that...was with those I loved...Im soo glad I cud stay over w my tankachi and we cud have silly girl times together! :)
Liek I said, I love my tankachi to bits! (Tankachi- small sister) As for all that dancing..I think I clocked in abt 3hours of dancing? Sweated like crazy and soo prob burned abit Wahahahaha What can I do with all that good music?!?! Im a maj indian music n inaidn food fan and I think I shocked some of the relatives when they knew how indianized I was. Wahahahaha :)

As for when the next trip will be...I wud have to say....not int eh near future. Not unless it was something really impt..a really special occassion...the next place wud have to be MOS then hahahaa coz I heard that the place has an excellent RnB DJ. But that will be for another time. :)

Unfortunately...sunday is comeing to a close :( the back ache i got from aikido is back from all that dancing hahah my legs are tired..my hair stinks etc..my room is messyso i know by tonight...i must get alot of packing done. :)

k tok to u guys later..im gonna sleep 1st then take action :)

LOVE

No comments: